Waste Management Petrochemical Process Technician (Entry Level) - Port Fourchon, LA in Port Fourchon, Louisiana
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
The Refinery & Petrochemical Process Tech I is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining process equipment. This person will be required to safely operate Thermal Desorption Technology, Centrifuge Technology and/or chemical treatment.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists job site construction.
- Operates and maintains site process equipment.
- Records and maintains daily operations and preventive maintenance logs.
- Driving to various customer sites is required.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited).
- Experience: None required (in addition to education).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Clean driving record
- TWIC Card preferred
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Basic Plus Safety Training
- OSHA Hazardous Material training a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must not be color blind.
- Must have the ability to operate an all-terrain forklift
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Base shift schedule is Monday – Friday from 6 am – 6 pm. routinely. Additional weekend and alternating night shifts may be required
- Additional call out hours for Saturdays and Sundays are expected, with longer working hours required during turnarounds or upsets.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
Normal setting for this job is: refinery, customer site or petrochemical complex.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Engineering/Environmental Protection
Title: Petrochemical Process Technician (Entry Level) - Port Fourchon, LA
Location: Louisiana-Port Fourchon
Requisition ID: 17000725