Hilton Guest Service Agent - Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon
A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting & registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service, and closing out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton's high standards of quality. Resolves any guest challenges throughout their stay at our hotel.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting & registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service, and closing out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton's high standards of quality. Resolves any guest challenges throughout their stay at our hotel. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hilton marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and welcome letter. Requires continual standing, movement throughout front office area and reaching out onto a four foot high desk. Meet all HHC established standards for check in, pre-register, special groups or tours and make the necessary arrangements for them.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer or voice mail. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested. Advise guest on the proper use of the voice mail system.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Prior customer service and computer experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred. Individuals are required to meet the minimum bonding standards.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Guest Service Agent - Hilton Portland
Requisition ID: HOT04GRP