Hilton Housekeeping (Mornings/Days) - Hilton Portland Downtown in Portland, Oregon
Come work at one of the top places in the Country for employee satisfaction! The Hilton Portland is now Hiring for Housekeepers!
- Starting salary of $13.68
- Stable work, and career growth opportunities
- Downtown location, near several Max Stations
- Amazing benefits and perks like massive discounts on hotel rooms
- Shift runs between the hours of 7:30am to 5pm and the days will vary
APPLY RIGHT NOW! It only takes a few minutes, and a Hilton recruiter will contact you shortly
What will I be doing?
A Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure Hilton's high standards of cleanliness.Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
What are we looking for?
- Prior janitorial or housekeeping experience required
- Open availability to work varying days, Mon.-Sun. between the hours of 7:30am-5pm
- Availability to complete new Team Member training during daytime and evening hours as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 16 of rooms as specified by management.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Housekeeping and Laundry
Title: Housekeeping (Mornings/Days) - Hilton Portland Downtown
Requisition ID: HOT04F6Y