Comcast Specialist 2, Construction (Permit Coordinator) - NGAN in Portland, Oregon
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for preparing permit submittal packages, as well as coordinating their efficient submittal and retrieval at a variety of local jurisdictions. This position is responsible for tracking all pending permits through the review process while effectively communicating the status of each permit. The Permit Coordinator will interact with jurisdictional employees and work to resolve any redline issues and communicate any upcoming requirement changes, while insuring County, City and all other applicable agencies' Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports on project status.
- Submit permit packages via online systems, fax, or in person, if necessary
- Pick up completed permit packages
- Communicate with jurisdictional employees to understand any changes in permitting requirements
- Track jurisdiction specific requirements and provide that information to the team
- Work with local jurisdictions to move toward ideal permitting conditions
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years' Experience-Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Experience with construction permitting is preferred
- Exposure to CATV design and installation processes is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer