Hilton Valet Parking Attendant - Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon
The Hilton Portland is in need of a Full Time Valet Parking Attendant!
Come work at one of the top places in the Country for employee satisfaction!
- Starting salary of $12.25
- Stable work, and career growth opportunities
- Downtown location, near several Max Stations
- Amazing benefits and perks like massive discounts on hotel rooms
- Shift will vary and candidates will need open and flexible availability!
APPLY RIGHT NOW! It only takes a few minutes, and a Hilton recruiter will contact you shortly
What will I be doing?
A Valet Parking Attendant is responsible for parking and retrieving guest cars from various parking areas in a prompt, orderly and courteous fashion, using safe driving practices. Provide assistance to Front Services Manager when requested. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain driveway traffic flow to allow main hotel entrance accessibility ensuring ample space for passenger and luggage loading and unloading. Direct guest cars to the garage through valet service or self-park.
- Comprehends and abides by ALL traffic laws while parking and retrieving cars from various parking areas for Hotel Guests.
- Assist Front Services Manager when he/she is busy or assume the responsibilities of the door person when he/she is taking a break.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Valet area and equipment.
- Answer any questions about the hotel or city.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Open car doors for arriving and departing hotel customers.
- Read luggage tags and provide claim tickets to ensure appropriate delivery. Grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, luggage or boxes from cars, buses and vans, placing packages and luggage onto baggage carts or in secure area for retrieval by bell staff.
- When not parking or retrieving a guest’s vehicle, or helping a guest, it is necessary to “post-up” with hands either in front of you, or behind your back, rather than arms crossed or hands in pockets.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Prior Customer Service experience required. Prior Hospitality and/or Valet experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Valid Oregon or Washington driver's license with a clean driving record required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to rapidly ascend or descend up to ten flights of stairs.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, and in writing in English Language.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services.
- Considerable knowledge of city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision within two weeks after the employee begins work.
- Ability to jog/run at a safe, controlled pace for extended periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Valet Parking Attendant - Hilton Portland
Requisition ID: HOT04JMN