Shell Territory Manager in Pune, India
Auto req ID 59239BR
Job Title Territory Manager
Country of Work Location India
City, State (if applicable) Pune
Work Location Pune
Company Description Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
As Territory Manager you are responsible for managing the relationship between Shell and Retailer/Dealer at site level, ensuring consistent delivery of the Shell Customer Commitment.
1) Identify Gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and 'people') for geographical area and mandate, advice or offer
Retailer/Dealers Shell-recommended tools, processes and support to help them to profitably deliver the Customer Commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Retailer/Dealer and Shell.
2) Maximizing all sales development potential whilst protecting Shell's interests, through the coaching and motivating of Retailer/Dealer
3) Manage and maintain positive Retailer/Dealer relationships, supporting them to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counseling to under performing sites).
4) Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
5) Ensure Retailer/Dealer implement all areas of the Customer Commitment and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/HSSE
standards, contracts and manuals.
8) Ensuring that Dealers' and retailers actions do not damage Shell's Reputation.
9) Ensuring that the retailers trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the Customer
10) Manage and maintain a Retailer master plan within territory through retailer competency and performance assessment and involvement with recruitment process.
- Ensure consistent delivery of Customer Commitment by managing contract compliance using the Territory Manager Site Review (TMSR).
Coach, support and advise Retailers using the appropriate tools (thereby closing any identified gaps to the Customer Commitment)
Manage Retailer Screening and Retailer Induction processes
Ensuring that the Retailer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of People in delivering the Customer
Commitment, sharing and coaching on Shell tools and processes as appropriate
Developing and setting up of retailer business plans to deliver sales and cost targets represented in annual T&R, thus delivering profitability targets for the site and territory.
Review retailer P&L statements and support retailer to develop action plans to close performance gaps.
*Ensure implementation and ongoing support to non-fuel retail initiatives to achieve NFR objectives/targets.
Develop and maintain a strong HSSE culture within geographical area
Deliver agreed HSSE targets for geographical area
Protect Shell's interest by ensuring that all HSSE standards and procedural compliance are adhered to and stakeholder relationships are managed pro-actively
Plan and conduct site visits in accordance with Call Planning Cycle tool
Provide counseling to Retailer on cost efficiency and site profitability
Implementation and ongoing support of Marketing and Network initiatives
Demonstration of behaviors (External Focus, Commercial Mindset, Delivery, Speed and Simplicity) and core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
Strong team member of sales and cross functional teams with excellent communication skills
Good understanding of Retail business
Demonstrable competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with Shell Dealers and Retailers, delivering Retail CVP.
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 14-Oct-2017