McKesson Distribution Center Manager in Quebec, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Plans, directs and coordinates distribution center operations in order to support sales and profitability objectives and to maintain excellent trade and employee/ labour relations in the area. Ensures that goods are efficiently received, verified, stored, processed and delivered to customers and ensures that distribution centre operations meet all relevant local, provincial and federal requirements. Keep up-to-date on competitive activity, risks and opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyze and make necessary operational changes based on previous day’s reporting.
• Develop and implement process improvements in tandem with supervisors.
• Ensures that responsibilities are defined and assigned to supervisors and employees so as to maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Ensure quality standard are enforced throughout the entire warehousing cycle
• Responsible for maintaining inventories within the scope of the DC operations at levels that maximize both service levels and turns.
• Ensuring all Key Performance Indicators are met on all shifts.
• Recommend operational strategies for Director of Operations’ consideration and implement when approved.
• Actively participate and promote a safe positive work environment for McKesson Canada employees.
• Ensures that all vehicles, equipment, buildings and property are maintained in accordance with Company standards.
• Responsible for preparing the expense and capital expenditure budgets for the distribution centre and submit for approval. Operates within approved budget parameters.
• Ensures that Distribution Centre security standards are being followed and ensuring the safety of the staff working within the distribution center.
• Responsible for the enforcement of Security, Regulatory and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) laws, regulations, policies and programs. The ultimate goal in applying these policies and programs is to take a leadership position in safeguarding the health of the patients as well as ensuring the proper storage and distribution of medicine, medical devices and active pharmaceutical products in a safe and secure environment for our employees.
• Is accountable for ensuring proper review, update and audit of Security, Regulatory and GMP policies and programs to ensure compliance. Take appropriate and timely actions to close any gaps
• Analyzes operating and delivery procedures, systems and schedules and all other distribution centre activities to identify potential efficiency improvements and cost-savings. Recommends changes to the Director, Operations. Implements approved changes.
• Administers policies and practices related to employee /labour relations (Bargaining, Union-Management Committees and Grievances hearing) in conjunction with Human Resources. If applicable, participates in the negotiation of the collective agreement(s).
• Communicates the Company’s progress and direction to distribution center employees.
• Plans the activities of his/her staff; assesses results and takes appropriate measures to improve performance.
• Maintain communication between all departments, – Inventory Control, Customer Service etc.
• Ensuring all Key Performance Indicators are met on all shifts.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
• Always keep work area safe, organized and clean.
• Follow company Health and Safety policies.
Technical Knowledge & Experience:
Proven history of leading diverse teams towards achieving objectives through collaborative and participatory management practices.
Ability to deliver strategies which meet or exceed quality and profitability objectives.
Effectively develop distribution center supervisory teams through coaching and mentoring.
Experience in managing the business within budget parameters.
Strong ability to manage through delegation, engagement, and proper follow-up.
Possess 5 - 7 years of supervisory experience within a distribution center environment.
Experience managing in a union environment would be an asset.
An undergraduate degree in business or supply chain management is preferred; an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.
Experience with the application of Six Sigma would be considered an asset.
Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
Bilingual (French and English).
Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Competency to analyze qualitative and quantitative data in order to make sound management decisions.
Ability and willingness to solve complex problems and conflict situations in a timely, respectful, and fair manner.
Strong attention to detail.
Highly developed time management skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate duties as needed.
Driven to results and motivating others towards achieving them.
Committed to motivating others to achieve team success.
Strong advocate and role model for local engagement initiatives.
Openness to new concepts, ideas and creative solutions.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Distribution Operations
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Distribution Center Manager
Requisition ID: 17005219