McKesson Security Analyst in Quebec, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Security Analyst mandate is to secure the business and protect information assets for McKesson Canada. His objectives are to ensure high availability of a broad range of security technical controls and to enable the various business units through simple security solutions. The candidate will be collaboratively engaged in the development and on-going management of a variety of security technologies deployed across McKesson Corporation worldwide.
Certain responsibilities associated with this role are included in Section B. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems and assets to protect them from unauthorized access.
• Work collaboratively with a team of security professionals and other IT specialist across McKesson’s IT organization on matters of security production, development and technology strategy.
• Support and maintain key production systems, ensuring 7/24 availability.
• Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
• Respond to incidents, investigate, escalate and resolve security incidents. Support security incident investigations.
• Develop subject matter expertise on assigned security technologies enabling effective and efficient delivery of security services.
• Upgrade technology systems according to vendor product roadmaps and patching requirements.
• Support various security initiatives in IT and Business projects by providing security input on technologies and operational best practices. Assist in the development of secure technical solutions by engaging collaboratively in team-based, agile initiatives.
• Ensures that vulnerability scans are run at scheduled time and that scan results are analyzed in a timely manner.
• Gather, analyze and publish security metric on a monthly basis.
• Seek to provide candid and timely feedback to improve performance; share information in an open manner.
• Foster teamwork and innovation by involving team members in problem solving, decision-making and creative thinking.
• Ensure that requirements to internal and external customers are met in a timely and cost-effective manner; solicit feedback from customers to identify opportunities to improve products and/or services.
• Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
• Two years or more of experience in information security and security operations.
• Highly motivated individual capable of operating independently with minimal supervision to resolve complex enterprise level security issue.
• Possess strong technical security skills capable of quickly adapting to new technologies.
• Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel in a cross-functional setting.
• CISA, CISSP or other similar professional designations will be viewed favorably.
• Good problem solving skills. Take ownership of complex situations and work collaboratively within a team environment to resolve issues effectively.
• Work well under pressure and apply critical decision making skills when needed.
• Excellent communication skills with both oral and written experience with presentation and reports.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Data Management
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Security Analyst
Requisition ID: 17002813