McKesson Senior System Analyst in Quebec, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Perform strategic business research and analysis. Review, analyse and evaluate business processes, business systems and users’ need in relation with business requirements. Participate in the planning and coordination / management of projects. Participate in the design and development of systems, new applications version, requests for changes and support existing applications. Participate in implementation and maintenance.
• Setting objectives and conducting review for the developer team.
• Identify process improvements and mitigate risks.
• Support and communicate key management decisions to the team.
• Manage multiple projects or medium to very complex projects on time, including cross-functional projects, on budget and according to specifications
• Write detailed descriptions, analyse users’ needs and system functionality and steps required to develop enhancements or fixes taking into account best-practice methods and the McKesson Canada methodology
• Ensure business alignment of IT development initiatives
• Interact with customers, users and third parties as appropriate; propose creative solutions to user problems identified through enhancements, projects or tickets
• Evaluate entire scope (budget, time, effort), and the system impacts of the solutions proposed
• Document business processes and system features to be proposed to users; validate and signoff with users
• Create and document the test strategy and plan for all part of the system
• Create test cases, participate in the actual testing, and document the test results
• Review and validate design and methodology deliverables and effort of team members
• Provide status of effort accomplished, estimates of remaining effort, and issues impacting progress
• Coordinate with the Change Adoption team the preparation and execution of communication and training for users
• Assists in the execution of the transition including the implementation plan
• Supervise resources for project activities and follow up on efforts (complex to very complex project)
• Be involved in off-hours production support activities
• May be asked to execute activities associated to next level of job qualifications
• Share his/her business, technical and application knowledge with other members of the team
• May lead a project or project team with significant impact on company results, or may be an expert in his field, providing ideas, opinions and advice to others
• Coach others on project management issues and recommend approaches
• Establish and communicate common goals and direction for project; coordinate cross-functional communication, problem solving and team initiatives; champion ideas and innovations
• Play a role in resolving issues that require a cross-functional solution; facilitate sharing of best practices on customer service
• Has decision-making authority and autonomy to deliver goals of project as applicable; and resolve conflicts in an effective manner
• Build relationships to gain support; maintain positive relationships with key customers, suppliers, etc., who have a significant impact on the success of the organization
• Accountable for quality of work delivered by external suppliers, as applicable; identify resource related issues within scope of work; coach others in area of specialization
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years in Information technology
• Strong understanding of project management (preferably PMI methodology), its practices, techniques, and tools.
• Good knowledge of MS Project (2007 and higher)
• Minimum of 5 years as project manager or system analyst
• Thorough understanding of IT and software concepts, software design development and modeling
• Excellent knowledge of development methodologies (RUP, UML, Agile …)
• Strong Knowledge and experience of business concepts and requirements
• Good analytical capacity
• Ability to work in a team or autonomously
• Above average communication skills with good written and oral skills in both French and English
• Organized, methodical with rigorous work approach
• Responsible, logical and detail oriented
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Ability to work in crisis situations and in multi-tasks mode
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Data Management
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Senior System Analyst
Requisition ID: 17005888