Hilton Maintenance Technician - Trade qualified in Queenstown, New Zealand
A Maintenance Shift Engineer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will support the Chief Engineer with general maintenance work, to maintain proper conditions of tools, equipment, and working areas throughout the hotel.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
A Maintenance Shift Engineer, you will support the Engineering Department to ensure an exceptional operational experience throughout the hotel. Specifically, a Maintenance Assistant will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform day-to-day general maintenance duties within the hotel rooms and public areas
- Respond promptly to maintenance issues and emergency calls
- Conduct regular inspection tours of the hotel to ensure all operating equipment is working correctly
- Work closely with the Engineering Team on any projects or schedules
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
- Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with Guests
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Chief Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel
- Perform mechanical functions on company vehicles
What are we looking for?
Maintenance Shift Engineers serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar varied work environment such as ships, hospitals or retail businesses
- NZ recognized Trade certification
- Mechanical engineering skills and experience - highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for managing a variety of projects and tasks throughout the day
If you are passionate about, and understand the importance of upholding a brandﾒs reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience, every hotel, every guest, every time.
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more;
- Team Member of the Hilton Go program with discounted staff rates all over the world and discounts on F&B items.
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Worldwide career development opportunities
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Maintenance Technician - Trade qualified
Requisition ID: HOT03K91