Indian Health Service Supervisory Clinical Psychologist - ESEP/MP in Red Mesa, Arizona
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
THIS POSITION IS BEING REANNOUNCED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT REAPPLY UNLESS SUBMITTED UPDATED AND/OR MISSING INFORMATION.
Position is located in the Clinical Services, Mental Health Section, Four Corners Regional Health Center, Red Mesa, AZ. The position is to serve as Mental Health Director and to provide mental health and clinical psychology services in the outpatient setting, for individual adults, children and adolescents. Reports directly to Chief Medical officer.
Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-R1-1929503-DH; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide comprehensive and skilled psychological evaluation and treatment services.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis and psychotherapy utilizing a broad range of therapeutic techniques.
- Administer, score, interpret psychological tests of children, adolescents and adults.
- Refer patient to appropriate contracted medical/psychiatric or other mental health care, to other IHS or public facilities.
- Supervises, directs and coordinate the Mental Health Department.
- Responsible for overall Quality Improvement program; participates in IHS's Improving Patient Care Initiatives.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to attend meetings and/or trainings.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/vRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP, Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Clinical Psychologists
- Psychologists, All Other
- Psychologists, Clinical
- Psychologists, Social
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) of the closing date: Wednesday, October 04, 2017
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Degree: major or equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical psychology. This specializations have additional educational requirements, as stated below:
Clinical psychology: Satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
Candidates must have completed 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level to qualify for the GS-13 grade level.
Specialized Experience: Experience in providing the full range of psychological services (i.e., therapeutic and assessment) for American Indian/Alaska Native adults, adolescent and families; providing consultation to hospital staff and teaching; and decision making skill in program development. Experience providing therapy and/or interventions with patients experiencing mental illness, crisis, cultural conflict, substance abuse, self destructive behavior, marital and family discord, learning and vocational program, etc.
Supervisory or Managerial Abilities*:* Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess, or have the potential to develop, the qualities of successful supervision.
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Written Communication
Public Health Service (PHS) Licensure Policy:**Each PHS Clinical Psychologist MUST possess and maintain a valid, current, unrestricted license or certificate in a State.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The Indian Health Service, National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency high priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit: For IHS: http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment For NHSC: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment For HRSA Nurse Corps: http://hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/index.html
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commission Corps. PHS Commission Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commission Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.uphs.gov/
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment or relocation incentives may be authorized.
Appointment Above the minimum may be authorized.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facility.
- This position is covered under the Indian Child Protection Act and is hereby designated an authorized position subject to P.L. 101-630 and P.L. 101-647.
IHS - Operated Properties are Tobacco-Free
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required and on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against the qualifications as defined in the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement and your responses to the assessment questions.
You will be further evaluated/rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions to determine your competency in the following:
- Professional Clinical Psychology practices
- Planning and Evaluation
- Supervisory Skills
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the assessment questionnaires. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance:
- Veterans , i.e. (VEOA, VRA, and 30% or more disabled)
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP )
- Interagency Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)
- Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled
Click here to view vacancy questions: View Assessment Questions. All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) of the closing date of, Wednesday, October 04, 2017, to be considered.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
Required Documentation for Eligibility and Preference:
- Resume - You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume.* If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number*.
- Indian Preference Applicants - If claiming Indian preference, applicants must provide a completed copy of the Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only." Indian preference will not be given unless a properly signed and dated form is submitted with your application, including any verification by an authorized Tribal Representative or BIA Official of tribal enrollment records. For detailed instructions, see form BIA-4432. Refer to BIA-4432 link: http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xois/documents/document/idc1-029504.pdf. When an Indian Preference candidate possesses Veteran's preference the rules regarding Veterans' preference apply under ESEP and the applicant must provide documentation in order to receive preference.
Veteran's Preference If claiming Veteran's Preference provide a copy of your DD214 Form (Member 4 copy). To claim 10-Point Veteran's Preference, submit a SF-15 Application (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdffill/SF15.pdf) along with the appropriate supporting documentation. For additional information regarding Veteran's Preference visit: www.fedshirevets.gov Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP, follow the instructions below: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctapguideline.pdf.
Current or former Federal employee: Include your most recent SF50 or if Reinstatement eligible include your Career SF-50.
- Noncompetitive eligibles submit additional documents to prove your eligibility to apply to this vacancy.
- Childcare Addendum form must be included for this position and is available for downloading at: https://www.ihs.gov/DHR/includes/themes/newihstheme/displayobjects/documents/applicants/OF306AddendumToDeclarationForFederalEmployment.pdf
- License - Must provide a current, unrestricted Psychology license.
- Transcripts - Transcripts must be provided. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable but official transcripts will be required before entrance on duty.
Your application package MUST be complete by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) on Wednesday, October 04, 2017, the closing of this announcement.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
- Click Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
- Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
- Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
- Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by clicking Apply Online in the vacancy announcement and re-selecting your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 1929502. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
You are highly encouraged to submit your application package and complete your assessment questionnaire on-line. If you cannot complete your application package online:
- Click to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdffill/OPM1203fx.pdf
- You are limited to selecting 10 locations.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: When completing the 1203-FX, be sure to select only one response for each question. Selecting more than one response for a question may result in your application package being rated ineligible. In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. Submission of a resume' or a 1203FX form alone IS NOT a complete application. This position requires the completion of additional forms and/or supplemental materials as described under Required Documents section.
The IHS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office (Paula Williams, (928)656-5010, and/or PAULA.WILLIAMS@IHS.GOV.) The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
For additional questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found here: http://www.ihs.gov/jobs/index.cfm?module=search&option;=faq
Agency contact information
Four Corners Regional Health Center HCR 61 Box 30 TeecNosPos, AZ
Learn more about this agency
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479408200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/14/2017 to 10/04/2017
Salary: $85,816 to $111,560 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Work schedule: Full-Time - Full Time
Appointment type: Permanent