Thermo Fisher Scientific Commercial Manager -Centrifuge (remote) in Remote / Field, California
Location: Open in Continental US near a major airport (remote)
How You Will Make a Difference:
A Business Unit position responsible for development and implementation of tactics to achieve regional sales and market share goals for the product category. The Commercial Manager (CM) drives revenue growth through partnership with product management, the regional sales team, and Channel Partner category management. The CM develops detailed understanding of the regional market needs, develops appropriate commercial execution plan, and leads plan execution. Ability to monitor, analyze and respond to changes in business performance are essential.
What You Will Get to Do:
• Achieve regional Business Unit revenue, profitability and market share goals
• Drive portfolio positioning in marketplace and support application marketing strategy development within geography
• Develop regional commercial product plan, in coordination with Product Management and Sales Management team, to reach growth targets
• Drive plan initiatives with sales team and channel partners to ensure good execution
• Implement regional promotional tactics to drive revenue
• Manage channel pricing, promotional tactics, and distribution channels selection for optimum results
• Represent the regional market/customer needs to product management in the development of new products and solutions
• Define capability requirements of sales team; work with regional sales leaders to deliver proper training on applications, products and competitive landscape
• Support Marketing Communications to implement promotional tactics and establishes metrics to assess performance of each promotional program
• Coordinate back office processes including SIOP process for optimum product availability and inventory cost
• Define regional trade show plan including national, local channel partner shows
• BS in life science or BS in business with life science background
• Direct sales or marketing work experience, 2 years minimum
• Direct lab work experience preferred
• Expertise in product marketing, selling strategies and competitive analysis
• Experience with cell culture research preferred
• Strong English oral, written and presentation skills
• Strong training and public speaking skills
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Location near major airport
• Ability to travel from 40-60%. Travel is typically to customer sites, trade shows, channel partners headquarters, end user laboratories and sales meetings. Primary travel in USA; some travel in Latin America.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Experience in direct sales and marketing (2 years minimum); preferably in a life science organization
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
• Must excel in matrix organization
No relocation budget has been approved for this role.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.