USAA Guam International Adjuster in Remote, United States
Purpose of Job
This position will be located on Guam. This is a work from home position which requires Internet Service that provides hard wired service to the home.
Selected Candidate will have to attend training in San Antonio TX for up to 2 months. Transportation and Lodging accommodations will be provided.
Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjusts auto and property claims presented by or against our insured and confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all regulatory requirements. The hired candidate will also become dual skilled in handling property claims.
- Investigates and evaluates low to moderately complex automobile and/or property claims Severity of claims may include auto liability, auto non-injury, auto/theft and auto fires as well as personal property claims of low dollar value, structure claims with low dollar and severity and writing UPP estimates.
- Communicates with insured, claimants, law enforcement, etc.
- Interviews insureds, claimants, law enforcement, or any other party connected; obtains recorded statements.
- Documents detailed accounts of statements provided by interviewees
- Estimates damages
- Negotiates settlements
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Supports workload surges and/or catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CATS or storms.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 6+ months of claims adjusting experience OR 1 year of recent customer service experience working in a member contact capacity OR successful completion of military service
- Candidate must possess a current Guam adjuster license
- Ability to work in a phone intensive environment using a headset
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience handling auto non injury claims of a liability and first party nature
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, negotiation and investigation skills
- Experience with adjusting property claims
- College education and/or job related course work
- Computer literate in a Windows Operating Environment
- Established Internet provider
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience working in an inbound, phone intensive/call center environment
- Experience with claims contracts and interpretation of case law
Knowledge/Skills/Attributes Computer literate in a Windows operating environment; Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a computer; Ability to work in phone intensive environment using headset
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Guam International Adjuster ZZ-Remote R0003181