HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Courier PRN in Reston, Virginia
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which meansNO nights, NO weekends, or On-callwill be required.**The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! __
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Courier is responsible for delivery, pick-up, and distribution of information to assigned destinations.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Delivers facility material, picks up supplies and mail, and distributes to appropriate destinations.
· Runs errands for the clinic as requested, including to banks, the post office, and other institutions.
· Provides reliable transportation for courier duties.
· Assists in sorting, counting, dating, researching various information, and distributing incoming mail.
· Photocopies material when requested.
· Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
· Receives and checks- in supplies and equipment, as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS: · Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures. · Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
· Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
· Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· *Organization *– Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
· Communication – Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
· Analytical Skills – Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
· Customer Orientation – Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
· *Decision Making *– Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of
action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Contributing to Team Success *– *Actively participates as a member of the Center’s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Policies & Procedures – Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
· PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
· Technical Skills – Understands how to utilize equipment as required for job duties.
· At least one year work experience required.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.
· State issued valid driver’s license may be required.**
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: This job requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. It also requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may involve dealing with angry or upset people and may be stressful at times.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Medical Courier PRN
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 09496-1760