HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Registered Nurse L&D PART TIME 2:30P-11:00P in Reston, Virginia
NEW INCREASED RATES FOR L&D, SPECIALTY PAY
/ The incumbent is an experienced charge nurse who demonstrates excellent phone triage skills in a customer friendly manner to facilitate the scheduling of procedures and coordination of care; may serve as a resource nurse as needed. / / /
Why We Like Working for Reston:
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click here to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team.
Reston Hospital Center offers a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care. Our 187-bed hospital specializes in maternal/child health, surgical services on both an inpatient and extensive outpatient basis, urological services including lithotripsy, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. Reston Hospital is the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for 3 consecutive years. Reston Hospital Center was recognized in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for its performance on accountability measure data for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care. A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community.
The Registered Nurse (RN ):
· Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents all aspects of patient care.
· Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and providing required supervision.
· Works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, quality health care. · Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the appropriate life span; · Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs · Possess the ability to provide care needed by the pertinent patient group(s).
· Implements and/or complies with all the policies, procedures and standards of the unit, department and the institution.
· Demonstrates HCA values and adheres to HCAs ethical and compliance principles in his/her daily activities.
Labor & Delivery:
One to two years of recent labor and delivery experience preferred. BLS, ACLS and NRP required; AWHONN certification preferred.
2 years of charge nurse experience and phone triage on a consistent basis preferred
* Current licensure as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN preferred
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN Registered Nurse L&D PART TIME 2:30P-11:00P
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-13686