Comcast Senior Engineer, Product Development Engineering in Reston, Virginia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Leads engineering functions as they relate to the planning, design, integration, test, deployment and support of products. Assists with testing and operational activities. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Partners with engineering project manager to provide consultative direction and develops long term objectives and plans to determine resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined
requirements. Establishes and maintains working relationships within NE&TO, Product Development teams, joint ventures, vendors and contractors.
- Participates in Company product lifecycle process. Contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems
definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Understands key business drivers and applies the knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products and services.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Provides guidance for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services. Ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Participates in the review of failures and provides feedback to prevent future occurrences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer