Bank of America Consultant II - System Engineer in Richardson, Texas
Infrastructure Information Services is looking for top talent to design and build best-in-class Data Management and Integration Services capability over Infrastructure/ITSM data using Hadoop Architecture.
The Data Engineer will innovate and transform the systems integration landscape for the Technology Infrastructure organization, while following industry best practices and providing capability maturity in support of Enterprise Data Management standards. The ideal candidate is an expert in Data Warehousing and Master Data Management Design and Development. Candidate should have a strong understanding of data management concepts and applied DW/MDM development of DB-level routines and objects. Candidate should have experience in migrating traditional Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) to a Hadoop based architecture. In addition have hands on experience developing in many of the Apache Hadoop based tools, as well as, Scala and Python. It involves hands-on development and support of integrations with multiple systems and ensuring accuracy and quality of data by implementing business and technical reconciliations. Candidate needs to be able to understand macro level requirements and convert them into actionable tasks to deliver a technically sound product. Candidate should be able to work in teams in a collaborative manner.
• Analyze current RDBMS Master Data Management platform including orchestrations, workflows, transformations and help design a scalable platform based on Hadoop for structured and semi-structure big data.
• Assist in evaluating and developing a right fit replacement language architecture leveraging MapReduce and Spark.
• Hands on development of various orchestrations, workflows and transformations based upon the target Hadoop MDM platform.
• Define standards and guidelines around Scalability, Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
Required Job Skills:
• 10+ years of total IT experience
• Over 5 years of experience developing for Data Warehousing, Data Marts, and/or Master Data Management
• Experience developing in Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
• Possesses and demonstrates deep knowledge of the Hadoop Ecosystem
• Experienced exposure to Hadoop ecosystem including but not limited to: HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, Flume, Hive, Pig, Impala
• Experience on Hadoop data ingestion using ETL tools, specifically Syncsort DMX-h and Hadoop transformation using MapReduce & Spark
• Programming fluency with PIG, Scala and Python.
• Experience with Hive/Spark SQL
• Object oriented programming concepts
• Expert SQL skills
• Experience in SDLC and best practices for development
• Ability to work against mid-level design documentation, take it to a low-level design, and deliver a solution that meets the success criteria
• Knowledge of packaging and promotion practices for maintaining code in development, test, and production
Desired Job Skills:
• Experience working in a leadership capacity
• Fundamental knowledge of IT Service Management/ITIL processes and tools
• Data Virtualization using Cisco’s Information Server (Composite)
• Subversion for source control
• Database Administration
• Perl Scripting
• ETL Tool - Syncsort DMX-h
• Performance tuning
Posting Date : 10/10/2017
Richardson, TX, BUILDING C, 2380 PERFORMANCE DR,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.