Brinks CDL Driver in Richmond, Virginia
Requisition #:18110Location:Richmond VA - B0610
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:GED
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Commercial Driver.
The Commercial Driver is responsible for safely driving and controlling the Brink’s vehicles to and from various customers and guarding the Messenger at pick-up and delivery locations. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink’s and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink’s and its customers.
• Maintain the safety, security and control of the armored vehicle at all times
• Guard the Messenger during the pickup and delivery of liability
• Maintain radio communication with the Messenger and other vehicle crew during pick-up and delivery of liability
• Maintain radio communication with the branch and/or dispatch personnel
• Load and unload the armored vehicle
• Complete appropriate driving and delivery documentation
• Report all faults experienced during the day’s activity
• Ensure overall cleanliness of the vehicle’s interior
• Able to work weekends, holidays and/or extended hours
• Cross-train and perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 6 months of experience in at least one of the following: commercial or fleet driving experience, security experience, military experience, or protective services experience
• Minimum of Class B license
• Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Air brake endorsement
• Basic math skills
• High school diploma or GED
• Excellent ethics and integrity
• High attention to detail
• Collaborative work style
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to work independently
• Professional, positive demeanor
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide eligible employees, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer profit sharing opportunities and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top