HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Nursing Assistant Trauma Stepdown Unit in Richmond, Virginia
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Performs tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and presents self in a professional manner.
- Documents required information according to established guidelines.
- Functions in an organized and efficient manner.
- Promotes financial responsibility.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and educational activities. Supports the goals and objective of the unit/department/organization.
Required: High school graduate or GED. Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training .
Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
Required: Satisfactory reference (s) from prior employment and/or certification of training.
Preferred: At least one year experience as a nursing assistant in an acute care or long-term care facility. Current enrollment in a professional nurse education program.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant Trauma Stepdown Unit
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-39068