HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cook in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.The*Cook* performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for patients, staff, visitors, and special functions.
- Reviews menus to determine types and quantities of food.
- Prepares quality food in sufficient quantities to cover all service requirements.
- Coordinates timing of preparation in order to meet service schedules for patients, staff, visitors and catering services.
- Adheres to standardization of recipes and portion control to prevent food waste and control cost.
- Provides care and sanitation of equipment in production area.
- Adheres to sanitation and safety standards (HACCP)
- Participates in the process of ordering supplies.
- Gives directions to personnel who assist in food preparation.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Records usage.
- Makes proper use of leftovers.
- Follows prep-work schedule.
- Rotates products when needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area.
- Adheres to department dress code.
Keeps updated on hospital and departmental communications.
Minimum of THREE (3) years of food service experience in food preparation/production
- Knowledge of basic principles and requirements of food safety and sanitation required.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
High school diploma/GED.
Preferred: Previous experience in food preparation in a hospital setting.
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-38474