HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Environmental Services Technician, Full time, NIGHTS in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.The Environmental Services Technician will perform the following essential functions:
- Responsible for thoroughly cleaning all areas assigned to include patient rooms, exam rooms, offices, bathrooms, ancillary areas, public areas, and other areas that may be assigned using approved cleaners and disinfectants.
- Ensure that all trash and linen is emptied and that containers are inspected for cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Inspect vents, horizontal and vertical surfaces in assigned areas for cleanliness and dust/clean by assigned schedule or as needed.
- Check all soap, hand sanitizer, lotion, paper towel and toilet paper dispensers and fill as necessary.
- Clean all high touch surfaces as listed on work schedule such as: door knobs/handles, light switches, bed rails, telephones, over bed tables, etc.
- Keep equipment and supplies clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Report any problems with equipment or supplies to immediate supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director or designee.
- Attends General Hospital Orientation within 30 days of hire.
- Participates in Departmental Orientation.
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, and to frequently push, pull, squat, and bend. Be able to climb a ladder up to 6 feet. Is able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds and periodically lift as much as 100 pounds (can be a team effort).
Comply with all HIPAA guidelines and ensure you remain confidential at all times keeping all confidential information confidential.
Preferred – 2 – 3 years proficient Health Care housekeeping; leadership ability; excellent communication skills.
High School Diploma or equivalent; excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership ability.
Will consider work experience in lieu of education.
Job: *Environmental Services
Title: Environmental Services Technician, Full time, NIGHTS
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Requisition ID: 00448-37555