HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nursing Tech PRN, Central Resource Pool (Float Pool) in Richmond, Virginia
As one of the largest facilities in HCA, the nation’s largest hospital system, Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our Emergency Room is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Nursing Tech in the Float Pool (Central Resource Pool) at Chippenham Hospital:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Uses computer proficiently.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
Promotes fiscal responsibility and supports the goals and objectives of the units, department, and organization.
Required: Current enrollment in accredited RN nursing program with successful completion of at least one clinical rotation. Theoretical instruction combined with clinical experience.
Required: Successful completion of a Nursing Fundamentals Course (for RN student nurses). Recent computer experience-data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Satisfactory reference from last employer or vocational school.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION : Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nursing Tech PRN, Central Resource Pool (Float Pool)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-37573