HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN), Labor and Delivery in Richmond, Virginia
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Labor and Delivery Unit at Chippenham Hospital.
In the Maternal Newborn areas at Chippenham Hospital we offer a full range of integrated women’s health services for all stages of our patients’ lives. Our team of highly-trained Obstetricians, Perinatologists, Anesthesiologists, Registered Nurses, IBCLC Lactation Consultants, OB OR Techs and Patient Care Techs deliver high quality and compassionate family-centered care to our mothers and babies.
Our Labor and Deliver Unit includes 12 Labor, Delivery, Recovery (LDR) suites, 2 triage rooms, and an Operating Room (OR) suite. We see a diverse population of patients from all over the greater Richmond area in our fast-paced LDR, where we deliver on average 1,100 to 1,200 babies each year. In addition to the LDR rooms, we have 14 private postpartum rooms and a well-baby nursery. For high-risk pregnancies and childbirths, we maintain a 15-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), intermediate care nursery, and 24/7 neonatologist coverage.
Chippenham Hospital supports a positive work environment as evidenced by utilizing AWHONN staffing guidelines. Our team includes seasoned and experienced nurses, as well as nurses who are newer to the specialty. We are known for supporting and encouraging professional growth and development of all of our team members through continuing education (Fetal Monitoring Class, OB Safety Drills, etc.), our clinical ladder program, professional certification reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. For the community we offer outreach education programs and classes such as Preparation for Labor, Labor Basics, Baby Basics, Breast-Feeding Classes and Support Group, Postpartum Support Group, Sibling Class, and Class for Multiples.
As one of the largest facilities in HCA which is the nation’s largest hospital system Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our Emergency Room (ER) is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (RN) at Chippenham Hospital is r esponsible for clinical management of the patient. In addition, the RN:
Functions as a Registered Nurse by role-modeling professional behavior.
- Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Promotes cost effective unit operations.
- Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
· BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
· Current license or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia (required)
· American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
· ACLS, PALS (preferred)
· At least 1 year of experience in Labor and Delivery (required)
· 2 years of experience in Labor and Delivery (preferred)
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN), Labor and Delivery
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-38429