WindStream Communications SMB Partner Channel Manager in Rochester, New York
CSMB Channel Manager, EarthLink Business
The CSMB Channel Manager is responsible for generating new revenue from the sale of Windstream products and services through indirect agent/partner relationships to Small Business Accounts. Daily activity will focus on growing partner’s book of business with Windstream, following up on outstanding quotes, making sure we are addressing and overcoming partner/customer objections to maximize win rates and working to recruit new partners. This person is held accountable for the sales performance of assigned agents to small business prospects and is measured against an assigned revenue quota. Additionally, the Small Business Channel Manager may engage with the Enterprise Channel Managers to manage and deepen partnerships with the goal of accelerating the number of “closed won” opportunities brought to Windstream.
Responsibilities: * Regular communications with agent base to uncover new opportunities. * Differentiate Windstream from the competition through constant communication and ongoing follow up. * Increase opportunity flow to Windstream via product awareness and training and introduction of new selling tools. * Providing sales support, following up and closing for small business sales opportunities with EarthLink Sales Agents * Manage and close sales opportunities in conjunction with agent partners, and act as escalation point for agent partners for all SB customer related issues/concerns. * Enhance the Windstream relationship with new customers to attain more referrals and actively pursue those leads. * Partner with the Channel Manager to facilitate cohesive partner relationship with EarthLink, increasing partner revenue overall. * Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations. * Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship. * Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements. * Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners. * Travel as required according to business needs
* 4 year’s experience in channel management, sales or account management within the telecommunications field preferred
* Proven track record of meeting and exceeding objectives
* History of sales success in high volume, fast-paced environments requiring teamwork, flexibility and change management
* Technical certifications (WAN) and sales certifications are a plus.
* Outstanding organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under a deadline
* Strong team player, effectively able to partner with both internal and external customers, knowing when and how to seek help, driving a great partner experience...
* Conversant with telecommunications/network technologies as well as business analysis tools
* A desire and ability to work with new technologies and challenging demands
* Excellent listening, verbal communications, and writing skills.
* Strong time management and prioritization skills.
* Strong PC skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tools.
* Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 25 lbs. and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed
* Valid driver’s license and must maintain an acceptable MVR that meets the company insurance provider’s standards
* Average 10% travel required.
Minimum Education:Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Primary Location: *US-New York-Rochester
Job Category: *Sales
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 17002719
Other Locations: United States