Northrop Grumman Program Manager 3, Advanced EO/IR in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Program Manager 3, Advanced EO/IR
Requisition ID: 17000555
Location(s): United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Advanced Concepts and Technologies (AC&T) is seeking a Program Manager 3, Advanced EO/IR.
The Program Manager 3, Advanced EO/IR will lead the capture and execution of programs within the Advanced EO/IR operating unit in AC&T. He/she will be responsible for interfacing with technical leadership to develop new concepts and applications of technology and socialize them with the customer community to develop and shape new program opportunities into adjacent or new markets.
Previous experience in EO/IR system development OR experience in applying new technologies for mission level solutions is desired. Efforts will be focused on capture of development programs and execution of resulting efforts with service labs (AFRL, ONR, NVESD, etc…), DARPA, and system primes, as well as support of existing production efforts with capability upgrades. The Program Manager 3, Advanced EO/IR will lead all phases of programs from inception through capture, execution, and transition to production, and will manage associated NCTA funding in support of program captures as well as technology development in the form of IRAD.
The ideal candidate will have strong managerial and leadership experience; experience with management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of programs; be able to establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems, and obtain solutions such as allocation of resources or changing the contractual specifications; have experience with preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract; and be able to support the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
This position will be in Rolling Meadows, and this individual will be responsible for the coordination of strategy, roadmaps, and transitions with production division counterparts in L&AC4ISR (Land and Avionics C4ISR).
• Bachelor’s degree
• Previous experience in EO/IR system development OR experience in applying other sensor-based technologies for mission level solutions
• Eight or more years of work experience in a related technical field for the Aerospace/Defense or Intelligence communities with at least three years of leadership or management experience
• Experience leading/managing teams of engineers and technical managers
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
• Current Secret clearance with ability and willingness to obtain Top Secret and SCI clearances
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a closely related technical or science curriculum
• Seven or more years experience in a management position
• Experience managing programs for advanced development customers such as DARPA, ONR, AFRL, etc.
• Active TS or TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Program Manager 3, Advanced EO/IR
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 17000555