HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN L&D PRN in Salem VA, Virginia
PRN RN Needed with Maternal Care Center!
Experience in Labor and Delivery, Mom Baby Preferred
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Under the direction of a Nursing Clinical Coordinator or Department Director:
Accountable and Responsible for Clinical Judgment
· Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient
outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and
· Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skills
while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal,
electronic and digital).
· Documents effectively, succinctly, and timely according to organizational policy.
· Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
· Follows LGMC process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control and employs clinical
judgment related to medication administration.
· Delegates only those tasks for which she or he believes the other health team member has the
knowledge and skill to perform, taking into consideration training, cultural competence,
experience, and facility/agency policies and procedures. Follows The Five Rights Of Delegation:
· Right task · Right circumstances · Right person · Right directions and communication · Right supervision and evaluation · Adheres to hospital and unit
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
/ For Registered Nurses hired on or after July 1, 2012: BSN or enrollment in BSN program required within first two years of employment and completion of BSN within five years of employment. /
- Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia
Title: RN L&D PRN
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-17272