HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Echosonographer in Salt Lake City, Utah
St. Mark's Hospital is looking for an Echosonographer to join their team full time!
This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday
with call one weekend per month and two weekday nights.
St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, NICU, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stone’s throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc.
Echosonographer is responsible for performing cardiac ultrasound procedures such as transthoracic, stress, tranesophageal, intra-cardiac, intra-operative echocardiograms within the inpatient and outpatient settings. With proper training and knowledge of other functions within the cardiology services, may perform other duties related to clinical diagnostic testing and/or operational tasks that manifest high quality patient care and a teamwork environment.
- Expertly performs all ultrasound procedures in assigned specialty service areas utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques in accordance with established clinical practice standards, hospital guidelines and protocols.
- Accurately prepares patients for procedures and correlates patient history with all tests that have been ordered by physicians.
- Always ensures that equipment is clean and in proper working condition. If equipment malfunctions are identified, the Manager is notified immediately.
- Follows established surveillance, prevention and control of infection policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection by use of personal protective measures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment including but not limited to; staff work area, patient exam rooms, equipment and supplies.
Must successfully complete the registry for Echocardiography Certification (RDCS) within 12 months if not certified at the time of employment into this position.
Must maintain certification/registered status for duration of employment.
Current BLS required and ACLS certification preferred.
Degree from an accredited echocardiography/radiology program.
One year full-time equivalent employment as a sonographer in one or more of the primary specialty areas.
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-St. Mark%27s Hospital
Requisition ID: 00954-36830