HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Charge Nurse in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
At the St. Marks Surgery Center, the demand for compassionate & quality care has never been greater. As a result, we are seeking a qualified operating room charge to join our growing facility. Established in 1991, St. Mark's Surgery Center is a fully licensed, JCAHO accredited, freestanding surgical facility. The center provides high-quality care with increased privacy and convenient with close proximity to St. Mark's Hospital. We are a multi-specialty center that includes: * Orthopedics * General Surgery * ENT * Colon & Rectal Surgery * Obstetrics and Gynecology * Ophthalmology * Interventional Pain Management * Podiatry * Radiology, Radiology, Oncology * General Surgery * Urology
Our mission is to offer quality, personalized care through services designed to make our patient’s experience more convenient, customer friendly and economic. Feel free to visit us at our website to learn more about our outstanding team.
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, movi
Title: Operating Room Charge Nurse
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-St Mark%27s Outpatient Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 07818-36378