HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager Customer Service in San Antonio, Texas
Job Summary – The Customer Service Manager is responsible for daily operations including directing and coordinating activities of employees engaged in Customer Service activities.
Supervisor – Support Services Director
Supervises – Customer Service Team Lead and staff
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Ensures that all patient, insurance companies and attorney request are handled in a timely and appropriate manner and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
• Oversees the day to day Customer Service operations and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
• Assists the Support Services Director in establishing and monitoring productivity standards, quality improvement and direct staff in meeting department goals
• Assists the Support Services Director in preparing timely month-end closing reports
• Serve as a liaison between the Customer Service staff and other SSC staff
• Identify staffing needs and communicate those needs to the Support Services Director
• Screen, interview, and hire new employees
• Arrange for the training of new employees
• Analyze, process and index correspondence via CWF (if applicable).
• Assist the Support Services Director in review of each staff member’s productivity on a monthly basis and performing annual merit evaluations
• Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
• Hold monthly staff meetings
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Title: Manager Customer Service
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Shared Services - San Antonio
Requisition ID: 08949-134845