HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiac Ultrasound Tech II - Per Diem in San Jose, California
AboutGood Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an ‘A’ from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a “Family Favorite” hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The EKG/Echo teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule/Shift: 0.001 Variable Shift - PRN/PER DIEM (as needed)
Internal Posting Period: 08/17/17 – 08/24/17
With Direct supervision or assistance, is responsible for performance of cardiac ultrasound diagnostic procedures, and for completing all measurements on ultrasound studies and work associated with the tests. In addition, responsible for performance of Stress Tests, Holter Monitor studies, Pacemakers checks and electrocardiography tests.
· High School or Equivalent
· A.S. or Equivalent
· National registered RDCS having a minimum of 1 year experience with proficiency in duties
· 0 Mos. – 1 Year experience
· Analytical skills necessary to effectively detect pathologies based on knowledge of physiological cause and effect of disease. Mathematical skills sufficient to compile accurate data from ultrasound studies.
· Ability to concentrate an pay close attention to detail for approximately 80% of work time.
· Visual and aural acuity in order to correctly interpret ultrasound studies.
· Must demonstrate superior skills in all areas of Cardiac Non-invasive Testing.
· Independent discretion/decision making
· Manages anger/fear/hostility
· Works alone effectively
· Interpersonal skills necessary in order to explain procedures to patient to allay apprehensions and to discuss test results with physicians.
· Physical ability to move equipment, move and position patients, and sit for extended periods at approximately 75% of work time, and sufficient strength in arms to adequately manipulate the transducers during procedures
· Must demonstrate the ability to analyze findings on the ultrasound studies and suggest interpretations to the attending physicians.
· Knowledge of anatomy and physiology at a level normally acquired through completion of 2 years post high school education in an allied health field as well as knowledge of ultrasound techniques, procedures, equipment and terminology as normally acquired through completion of a 12-month ultrasound training program.
· Handles multiple priorities.
· Makes decisions under pressure
· Manages stress appropriately.
Title: Cardiac Ultrasound Tech II - Per Diem
Location: California-San Jose-Good Samaritan Hospital
Requisition ID: 03360-18615