HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist II PRN in San Jose, California
About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an ‘A’ from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a “Family Favorite” hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Respiratory Therapy teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
/Requisition 1 of 2 Openings (Req# 17762 and 17763)/
Schedule: 0.001, Per Diem - PRN __Shift: Variable, As Needed
Internal Posting Period: March 20, 2017 – March 27, 2017
Under general supervision and according to established procedures, provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures designed to evaluate, stabilize, prevent or remedy patient cardio-pulmonary problems. In doing so, arranges and operates a variety of therapeutic gas, aerosol and ventilation equipment. Checks equipment regularly for proper functioning and records data obtained during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in patient charts. Responds to emergency situations to administer airway care and resuscitation procedures.
Position requires a greater degree of in-depth knowledge, experience, judgment and skill than is required of a Respiratory Therapist I and has a greater degree of intensive care experience in adult, pediatric, and neonatal area.
/ Participation in neonatal ground transportation is required for this position. // /
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Current California Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License
· Current Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course. Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support and/ or Neonatal Resuscitation Provider
· Completion of a two year AMA approved course in Respiratory Therapy or equivalent upgrade program
· Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care
· One (1) year of full-time equivalent or more prior experience or student rotations
· Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language
Title: Respiratory Therapist II PRN
Location: California-San Jose-Good Samaritan Hospital
Requisition ID: 03360-17762