Waste Management Gas Forklift Operator - Tulsa, OK in Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Operate one or two pieces of equipment including but not limited to baler, front-end loader, bobcat, candensifier or forklift to transport or bind paper or other loose materials to facilitate handling by performing the following duties.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Must be able to sort and grade material.
- Fill and operate candensifier.
- Record materials or items received or distributed and mark materials with identifying information.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Insure material is being fed properly onto conveyor.
- Coordinate flow of material.
- Start baler up on time, read monitor, which displays functions of baler, and react quickly to machine prompts and alarms, and ensure proper operation.
- Monitor and document downtime.
- Insure safety around working areas.
- Check quality of material before it is baled or shipped.
- Coordinate with MRF Manager to see what material needs to be baled or shipped
- Perform routine maintenance and daily inspection on equipment such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Keep supply of wire on hand for baler.
- Operate loader, forklift, bobcat, or other equipment to move material to designated area.
- Keep surrounding work areas clean.
- Unloads, tags, and stacks material in proper rows by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads materials into or out of trailers and railcars.
- Move material from baler.
- Dump containers, bins, and gaylords of materials.
- Read loading, unloading sheets and bills of ladings.
- Complete necessary load and unload tally sheets.
- Inspect and grade wastepaper that is received at plant.
- Ensure that vehicle condition reports are filled out properly as required by corporate guidelines.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 6 months of relevant experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift Certified
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to multitask.
V. Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to __ pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to __ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Labor General/Skilled/Trade
Title: Gas Forklift Operator - Tulsa, OK
Location: Oklahoma-Sand Springs
Requisition ID: 17017073