Comcast Analyst 2, Business Information Systems in Sandy, Utah
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
This position is posted in Sandy, UT. Candidates will also be considered for our St. Paul, MN; Beaverton, OR; Houston, TX; Centennial, CO and Everett, WA locations.
Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through research and an understanding of applicable business systems. Assures the effectiveness, accuracy, and deployment of those systems. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. Works with teammates (both in-person and virtual), supporting specific functional departments across the Division. Understands enterprise data systems, with a strong understanding of Comcast billing systems preferred. Strong understanding of common Microsoft products, particularly Excel. Experience with relational database (RDBMS) concepts, both developing and querying (Teradata, SQL Server). Understanding of the software development cycle. Demonstrated proficiency of multiple reporting techniques (i.e. Cognos, Tableau, Excel, SSRS, etc.). Ability to communicate well to multiple levels throughout the organization.
- Works independently with some direction of an immediate supervisor or manager
- Gathers reporting requirements and negotiates deliverables
- Presents work to stakeholders and end users
- Experience with Teradata, Cognos, Tableau, SQL, SSRS.
- Analyzes business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing system logics as necessary.
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which programs will be written.
- Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected business needs.
- Supports in the preparation of project-phase plans, implementation schedules, and cost benefit estimates.
- Supports in the monitoring of implementation progress for compliance with budget and time constraints.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data specific application implementations.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal IT and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Sciences/Technology
Years' Experience:-Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Background or Field of Study in Business Information Systems a plus
- Must be proficient with SQL
- Basic knowledge of Oracle
- Experience with Microsoft products (SSRS, SSIS) is preferred
- Familiarity with Teradata, Tableau and Cognos is preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer