HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Charge Nurse in Sandy, Utah
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics.Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
Lone Peak Surgery Centeris located inDraper, Utahhome to over 90 miles of trails providing plenty of activities for outdoor enthusiast. You can witness all four seasons and enjoy the mountain views whether you are fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, or cruising down the freeway. We are close to I-15 providing easy access to hop on the interstate quickly. Our center is connected with the only medical center on the southeast side of the valley. Lone Peak is a multi-specialty center equipped with four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. We have a new spacious facility with an experienced staff focused on giving the best patient care.
This position isMonday-Friday, no weekends or holidays. We are looking for an experienced operating room nurse with knowledge in multiple specialties. This individual must be able to easily multitask while effectively communicating with our team. A typical day for the operating room charge nurse includes arriving to the surgery center no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of the first surgery. During this time it is important to ensure all staff members, equipment and supplies are ready for each procedure. Throughout the day the charge nurse is responsible for communicating with every aspect of the center to make sure the day runs smoothly. This includes informing all personnel of changes in the schedule. The expectations of this position may require stepping in to assist with any surgery throughout the day. The schedule is released at the end of the shift followed by a team huddle to assign staff for the next day’s procedures. This position works in partnership with vendors, risk management, the PACU charge nurse, and the clinical director. Our nurses describe the work environment as very satisfying and positive with an emphasis on family. Please apply today if you feel your versatile operating room skill set will help complement our Lone Peak Surgery Center family!
_ _ _Responsibilities:_
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Title: Operating Room Charge Nurse
Location: Utah-Sandy-Lone Peak Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 25194-2922