HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge RN - Emergency Room, Days in Sarasota, Florida
/ Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota/ / / /Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. /
/In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review. / /At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinicals”./
/As a Primary stroke Center and Award-winning Heart Care and Chest Pain Center, ourEmergency Department is equipped with 13 beds (Main ED beds Fast Track beds) to provide exceptional 24-hour emergency care for the patients we serve. We work closely with the county’s EMS and Fire Crews and have Emergency Medicine Specialists on staff. /
- Skill Mix: RNs and Paramedics (Full Time and PRN)
- Special Certifications Needed: ACLS, BLS, PALS (through the American Heart Association); current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required (available online athttp://www.strokeassociation.org/); TNCC and ENPC preferred.
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Past experience in an acute care emergency department setting caring for critically ill patients.
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (varied hours, 7-7, 9-9, 10-10,11-11); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend
- Dress code: Tasteful scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting through the Meditech system with specialized ED module specific to the department
- STEMI-receiving facility (currently exceeding national average
- Primary Stroke-receiving facility with the ability to administer thrombolytic therapy in the ED to directly improve patient outcomes
- Further information regarding the 24-hour Emergency Care provided at DHoS is available at:http://doctorsofsarasota.com/our-services/emergency-care.dot.
/At HCA North, West, Central Florida’s and Georgia’s 33 hospitals we’re not just caregivers, we’re devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, we’re on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation’s largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community. / / / /Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. To learn more and to apply, go to//www.MoreCareerChoices.com//./
- Current licensure as an RN in Florida
- Prior Emergency Department RN experience preferred.
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications required.
- Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required - available online, free of charge, atwww.strokeassociation.org.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge RN - Emergency Room, Days
Location: Florida-Sarasota-Doctors Hospital - Sarasota
Requisition ID: 01147-3616