Hilton Banquet Captain - Hilton Seattle Airport in Seattle, Washington
A Banquet Captain is responsible for overseeing the set-up and clean-up of food preparation for all banquet functions.
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Captain is responsible for overseeing the set-up and clean-up of food preparation for all banquet functions. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
- Supervise Food and Beverage service to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Assist with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions.
- Supervise banquet rooms set-up and clean-up.
- Greet Clients in charge and respond to requests.
- Speak at roll call meetings prior to events to inform staff about event particulars and expectations.
- Prepare banquet check for signature
What are we looking for?
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Prior banquet department or ala carte experience required. Prior food service preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain government license or certificate. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently to interact with staff.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and serviceware.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism.
A Banquet Captain at Hilton is always working on behalf of our guests and clients and as team with your coworkers. To fulfill this role successfully you need to have the attitude, behaviour, skills, and the following values:
- Positive attitude
- Administration and organization skills
- Know how to listen to suggestions and critics
- Be committed to delivering high standard customer service
- Take initiative
- Ability to lead people
- Good communication
It will be advantageous in this position if you demonstrate the following skills and differentials:
- Experience in hotel
- Experience in similar function
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Banquet Captain - Hilton Seattle Airport
Requisition ID: HOT04EQF