L3 Technologies Avionics Technician, CBA, BD, SEMA, Seoul, South Korea in Seoul, South Korea
Contingent upon contract award
Basic Function Summary
Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoots, isolate faults and replace components to resolve avionics or electrical discrepancies. Completes scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of Avionics on King Air 200, 300, and 350 Model aircraft. May support maintenance and repair of Mission Support Equipment as necessary.
The Avionics Technician is required to maintain all aircraft/systems in accordance with and within the limitations of the FAA and the aircraft manufacturer.
The Avionics Technician reports directly to the Lead Mechanic on a day-to-day basis. When traveling to other sites to perform assigned duties, he/she would then report to the Fleet Manager.
The Avionics Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties and functions:
• Inspect and certify aircraft at specific intervals as required by L3, Government, and the FAA. Ensure inventory spares and materials to include receiving, usage, reporting, shipping, transfer, scrap, and replenishment are handled using established company procedures.
• Ensure timely submission of required reports and documents to Program Management and the Government.
• Ensure that the site assigned company and Government owned/operated/possessed items are maintained.
• Ensure required entries are made in the aircraft logbooks, configuration records, site records and Management Information System (MIS).
• Ensure compliance with quality and safety procedures/operations at the site level.
• Ensure company rules, regulations, standards, and policies are enforced and being adhered to, and initiate actions to correct infractions.
• Advise the Fleet Manager / Site Supervisor promptly of unresolved or developing problem areas.
Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
May be required to support TDY operations.
This position requires an active Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ recent hands-on avionics experience.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years of C-12 hands-on experience.
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License required.
• FAA repairman certificate to recertify Pitot static and TACAN systems required.
• FCC license is preferred.
• Must have and maintain a current civilian driver's license.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver's license.
• Must be able to maintain a DOD Secret security clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a passport (if requested) to support contractual obligations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience on installing and maintaining Proline 21 systems.
• Beech King Air model aircraft, C-12 or model 1900 avionics maintenance experience.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years recent hands-on avionics maintenance experience and completed a military or civilian aviation avionics technical school.
• Must be able to work day shift, night shift, or weekend duty and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team as required. Continental US (CONUS) and international (OCONUS) travel may be required. If scheduled to deploy OCONUS must be in good physical condition, able to pass a required physical exam and CRC training.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Must be able to work in the established work/living environment and work a schedule as assigned to support mission requirements.
• Knowledge of the use of hand and special tools, and testers.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English required to use technical manuals.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications-read, interpret, follow and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications.
• Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of standard Maintenance Database as applies to maintenance activities.
• Must be willing and able to perform in-flight FCF checks.
Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 25% of the candidates' time and approximately 75% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Organization: *C3 & Special Programs-20002557
Title: Avionics Technician, CBA, BD, SEMA, Seoul, South Korea
Location: South Korea-Seoul
Requisition ID: 089285