Hilton Vice President of Communications and Corporate Affairs, Greater China & Mongolia in Shanghai, China
With 14 world-class brands across more than 100 countries, Hilton has set the benchmark for hospitality across the world for nearly 100 years. We are looking for a corporate affairs lead for Greater China and Mongolia (GCM).
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for developing and delivering a wide ranging corporate affairs strategy for GCM – with oversight of corporate (internal/external) and consumer communications, corporate responsibility and government affairs.
- Influences corporate strategy and direction as a member of the GCM Executive Committee and global corporate affairs team.
- Provides strategic counsel to the Area President GCM and members of the senior team, at a global and regional level, including functional leaders.
- Manages, inspires and develops the corporate affairs team in GCM headquarters and across the region, with oversight of hotel and cluster communications teams at a property level.
From a communications standpoint:
develop a full range of internal and external communication strategies and initiatives to support the company’s strategic priorities (both globally and regionally).
- develop strategies and tactics for owned/earned and paid for media across the portfolio of 100owned/managed/franchised hotels in GCM and approx 300 in the pipeline.
- create and manage new channels of communicating with the company’s audiences, including social media, being more creative with the content being produced and enabling stronger engagement with target audiences.
create high levels of engagement with key audiences and ensure alignment with global and regional campaigns and messaging.
From a corporate responsibility standpoint:
develop and review corporate responsibility strategies and initiatives, ensuring they deliver high business impact.
From a government affairs standpoint:
Build relationships with government officials in provinces where Hilton has hotel operations or planned development to ensure that provincial policies are aligned with the needs of our business.
- Enhance the visibility and influence of Hilton with government officials in relevant agencies of government and work to ensure that national policies are aligned with business needs.
Monitor and influence development of legislation and regulations of interest to Hilton properties.
Leads all relevant issues management process and communications in the GCM region and informs the relevantsenior team and global corporate communications as appropriate.
- Owns business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the corporate affairs department for GCM.
- Lead on key global initatives as appropriate and agreed with the leadership group.
- Manage and maintains key relationships inside and outside the company.
- This role aims to manage of team of 3-4 across GCM with at least one direct report.
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day activity providing guidance, support, assessing performance and managingtheir development.
- Directs supplier network across GCM – ensuring optimal functioning and efficiency of network.
- Is accountable for return on invested capital and time resources.
- Is responsible for corporate affairs work across cultures and markets.
- Has total visibility - and responsibility for GCM corporate affairs spend, sets budgets and agrees targets.
- Is responsible for the review of activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
What are we looking for?
- University level qualification in communications/digital communications related degree
- Further professional qualifications in social media/digital communications, corporate responsibility and government affairs
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- 15Years of related experience
- 8Yearsof management or supervisory experience
- DirectorManagement or supervisory experience type
- 20-30% travel time
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Timeshare Marketing
Title: Vice President of Communications and Corporate Affairs, Greater China & Mongolia
Requisition ID: APA012UJ