Bank of America Sr System Engineer in Simi Valley, California
The Data Center Engineering team provides critical data center network designs supporting business requirements for network connectivity for key/critical Bank applications. Work performed includes:
• Managing efforts related to the architectural design and engineering of converged data center infrastructure, network virtualization, segmentation, and automation of Data Center solutions and strategies.
• Working with line-of-business product teams to meet project requirement and acts as a trusted partner to provide solutions that fit their needs.
• Engaging in high severity production incidents and problem tickets in support of any data network redesign requirements.
• Adjusting designs to meet business-required levels of cost, reliability, and functionality. Able to understand, formulate, and communicate complex designs with other technology partners within the organization
Assist in the training of junior associates
• Engaging program management and product engineering teams for process and application improvement opportunities
• Reviewing system documentation for accuracy and updates as necessary.
• Providing feedback to product teams as to the catalog of standard products, and business requirements for changes to the catalog
• Recommend modifications to infrastructure architecture to address specific capacity and/ or performance issues seen in the production environment.
• Working closely with cross functional architecture teams across multiple disciplines to gather and define network requirements to which network architectures will be required to meet.
• Perform proof of concept and pilot implementation for all next generation hardware / software platforms.
• Producing DC design and engineering standards documentation for all new design decisions for consumption by engineering, implementation, and operations teams
10+ years industry experience with Inside Plant and Outside Plan designs and standards
History estimating costs associated with large OSP/ISP Optical Distribution Networks (ODN)
Currently certified RCDD( Registered Communications Distribution Designer).
Thorough understanding of implementation, estimation, and designs of cabling systems (copper and fiber, as well as outside and inside-plant)
Must be familiar with the following technologies: TIA 568-C.3: OM3,OM4, TIA-568-C.2: Category 6, 6a, 6e copper cabling, TIA-568-C2-1, QSFP, QSFP+, SFP, BiDi.
Must have experience developing, documenting, and presenting cabling standards for large corporation.
Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI) training
Experience in data center facilities design (cabling standards, cabinet designs, power distribution design etc.)
Works effectively in a complex environment (e.g. environment spanning multiple functions, shifts, platforms, geographies)
Must have clear understanding of current and upcoming trends in the cabling/wiring and networking areas
History with building highly detailed test plans for platform/device feature certifications
Optical cabling manufacturer (ex: corning) training and/or certification
Posting Date : 10/12/2017
Simi Valley, CA, 450 AMERICAN ST (CA6921),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.