Eaton Corporation Project Management Office Administrator in Slough, United Kingdom
The Project Office Administrator role is responsible for managing Eaton’s project orders with key aspects of the role being: order entry, supplier & service provider co-ordination, inbound & outbound freight management & stock-level management, customer invoicing and maintenance of accurate financial & project planning records. The individual will be expected to liaise with customers, internal production facilities/stakeholders & leadership to support in time project delivery. Key performance indicators are: projects delivered on time and in full; just-in-time supply chain management; timely & accurate invoicing; forecasting & ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Able to communicate with customers and suppliers of all levels from functional contributors to business leaders
• To be able to co-ordinate and manage complex issues with multiple suppliers, partners and stakeholders
• Able to occasionally work in other Eaton locations (Birmingham/Doncaster/Manchester) and attend off site meetings as required, with associated overnight stays
• Following Project Team processes and procedures, including:
Maintaining a complete and accurate project documentation record to support accurate planning & financials
Writing and submitting payment applications in line with contract conditions and delivery schedules
Writing and submitting invoices in line with contract conditions and delivery schedules
Initiating, recording and managing payment schedules, accruals and deferrals
Raising Project job orders on ERP in line with contract conditions and delivery schedules
Ensure that any and all potential risks/exposures are escalated immediately
Recording, tracking and invoicing all retention items
• Total responsibility for allocated Projects, including: communicating effectively with stakeholders at all levels; confirming scope; raising orders on suppliers; devising and publishing plans; initiating surveys; initiating RAMS productions; publishing RAMS to clients; instructing sub-contractors and Eaton staff; scheduling and arranging deliveries; arranging load tests and recommissioning; writing and submitting invoices and reports.
• Working closely with Eaton & 3rd party service teams to forecast, co-ordinate & manage installation, commissioning & all other required service activities.
• Reviewing and suggesting improvements to Project processes
Good working knowledge of MS office, SharePoint. Good working knowledge of legacy ERP systems (K-Open, BPCS/Global Vista). Good knowledge of invoicing/retentions/payment applications/accruals. Excellent Customer Service skills. Excellent team working skills. Basic Project Management skills. Basic Eaton Electrical products technical knowledge.
• To have confidence of character to represent the UK Project Team and business and its results to internal senior colleagues
• To be self-motivated with high attention to detail, with a high capacity to handle change and uncertainty
• To have good self-management and time management skills
• Unusual working hours sometimes required when business volumes are high
• To have the ability to think issues through, anticipate problems and take action to prevent them or minimize their impact.
• Competent IT literacy including intermediate+ skills with Excel, Word & Outlook
• A willingness for self-motivated learning
• A commitment to the Eaton Leadership Model (or similar) values & approaches to support personal and team growth
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Business Services
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time