AECOM Project / Quantity Surveyor in Southampton, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Project / Quantity Surveyor
United Kingdom - Hampshire
We are currently recruiting for a Project / Quantity Surveyor to join our centrally located Southampton office.
Our Southampton Office Cost Management business unit continues to grow, with specific growth demand within Culture, Healthcare, Residential, Education and Commercial office markets where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry. As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Project Surveyor.
As Project Surveyor you will have the following main responsibilities:
• Working alongside an Associate or Director to successfully manage and deliver various capital projects across Southern England and nationally.
• Cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development estimates, through the design and procurement process and onto the site delivery and commissioning phase.
• Actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff on technically complex projects typically ranging between £5m to £40m.
• You will help develop collaborative relationships with our clients and other professional colleagues within the industry.
• Act as the day to day main client point of contact for projects.
• Successful delivery of projects with minimum supervision, leading to further repeat clients and their business.
• Manage and mentor junior staff to deliver our Cost Management service efficiently and effectively.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are key.
• Ability to develop long term relationships with all team members, and effectively balance people and processes.
• Understands and can demonstrate the importance of Client focus.
• Strong experience of delivering technically complex projects in the Sectors highlighted above from inception to completion.
• Good understanding of project Governance and procurement processes.
• Good Understanding of contracts (NEC3, JCT, etc).
• Experience of working in another comparable consultancy environment, or within a client organisation.
• Previous experience of managing internal resources, including the training and mentoring of more junior staff members.
• Degree Qualified – ideally Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent.
• Either Chartered or near completion with the RICS or other equivalent institution.
• CSCS card holder.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157636BR