AmeriHealth Caritas Care Manager II,Complex Integrated Case Management, Registered Nurse * in Southfield, Michigan
Care Manager II,Complex Integrated Case Management, Registered Nurse *
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
Under the supervision of the Supervisor ICM, the Care Manager II assists members appropriate with appropriate care coordination and case management services to achieve their optimal levels of health. The Care Manager is responsible for engaging members and providers to assess, plan and establish individual member goals. The Care Manager will facilitate and coordinate care for members while assuring quality and use of cost-effective resources. The Care Manager will function as a single point of contact and be an advocate for members in the care coordination program. The ideal candidate will have extensive nursing experience in managing patients with chronic disease states (e.g., diabetes, sickle cell, asthma, etc.) Previous Case Management experience along with a knowledge of common behavioral health conditions would also be desirable.
Job Related Skills and Experience:
- Active Michigan RN license.
- 5 years nursing experience in managed care and/or hospital settings working with patients with chronic disease states (e.g. diabetes, sickle cell, asthma, etc.).
- 2 + years’ experience in Behavioral Health Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of Case Management experience preferred.
- Must have experience and be comfortable with using technology (e.g. MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel) and electronic medical records.
- Three to five years of Case Management experience preferred.
- Obtain Certification in Case Management within two years of accepting position.
- This position will require the selected candidate to go to provider offices within Wayne and Oakland counties.
- Valid driver's license and car insurance.