Waste Management Outside Sales Rep II in Southfield, Michigan
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensiveenvironmental solutions services in North America, serving more than 21 millioncustomers in the U.S. and Canada. Being number one means WM invests in ourSales teams’ success by providing state-of-the-art technology, processes, andthe best leadership in the industry.
Our exceptional sales professionals do so muchmore than sell product lines- We are educators and leaders, with a passion for helpingbusinesses through materials management, recycling, energy, and sustainabilitysolutions. Waste Management is both a SellingPower Magazine Top 50 Best Companies to Sell For, and named one of the World’sMost Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute.
As an Outside Sales Representative (OSR), you willcall on primarily small and medium-sized commercial accounts in a field-basedposition to generate new sales. You will be responsible for developing andimplementing sound selling strategies to new prospects and for achievingbudgeted sales goals. The ideal candidate will possess excellentcommunication skills, be adept at contract negotiations, and have the abilityto build a strong pipeline that ultimately leads to winning new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Establishes and maintains a highlevel of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with theOutside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans andmaintaining key information in the prospect database.
• Meet or exceeds sales activity goals.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstratingknowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicatespricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Managementbusiness opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools(i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Uses in depth industry and company knowledge, prepares complex proposalsand makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local,state and federal regulations.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of sales experience.
- Experience: 1 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct sales, cold calling, and phone based prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
This is a field-basedposition. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation andrecognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/ortraining programs.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short TermDisability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, andmore! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds likethe opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Title: Outside Sales Rep II
Requisition ID: 17005165
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Detroit