AmeriHealth Caritas Pharmacy Services Technician I - PTCB or NCCT Certified in Southfield, Michigan
Pharmacy Services Technician I - PTCB or NCCT Certified
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Pharmacy Prior Authorization Technicians, the Pharmacy Services Technician I assists in the prior authorization process.
- Reviews and approves physician inquiries for pre-authorization and medical necessity requests based on established pharmacy guidelines and contract criteria.
- Supports Fraud and Abuse program system oversight by reviewing medication utilization records. Communicates any suspected fraud discovered. Recommends course of action for providers where patterns appears outside of guidelines and generally accepted pharmacy standards.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and regulatory changes in the pharmacy industry and incorporates knowledge in the performance of job duties. Identifies problems in process/procedures or services and makes recommendations for improvements. Maintains a balance of productivity, quality and timeliness of job accountabilities. Participates in department self-audit procedures for on-going evaluation of service.
- Maintains and updates internal databases. Enters application information, prior authorizations and other relevant data. Ensures database information and appended files are current and accessible to staff. Generates reports and other information requested on a scheduled/as needed basis.
- Creates and supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity. Establishes and maintains positive communication and professional demeanor with internal and external business partners at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attends required training on an annual basis.
- Adheres to AMFC policies and procedures.
- Required High School/GED.
- Required current PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) or NCCT (National Center for Competency Testing) certificate.
- Required 1-3 years' Pharmacy Tech experience in PBM (pharmacy benefit manager), Retail, or Specialty.
- Required minimum 35 words per minute typing speed.
- Preferred Previous PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) , managed care, hospital pharmacy, Long Term Care pharmacy
- Preferred Home Infusion pharmacy, retail pharmacy experience.