Monsanto Data Integration Scientist in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company focused on helping farmers around the world to produce more from their farms, both large and small. As the world's population is expected to exceed 9 billion by mid-century, we seek to help feed that growing population sustainably, affordably, and with minimal environmental impact.
We are looking for a creative and insightful Data Integration Scientist to help us transform unprecedented genomics data into higher yielding crops and pest control solutions. You will work with a group of data scientists and bioinformatics scientists to develop data management and analytical infrastructures and practices. You are expected to improve several current existing data management systems, including LIMS, into highly efficient and accessible data resources which will enable multiple processes within Monsanto’s local or cloud environments.
The role will require close collaborations with an array of teams across Biotechnology and IT organizations. You will play a key role in understanding and supporting the processes from data generation in labs to data analysis by users. You are expected to bring in modern data management technologies and best practices to transform LIMS data into generic data interfaces (like APIs, data hub, etc.) that enables easy accessibility by analysis users. This role will also work with several IT teams to integrate Biotech Division analytics pipelines to IT enterprise data systems seamlessly.
Role and responsibilities:
• Work closely with different labs, providing support and guidance to the current LIMS systems (or data management systems).
• Interact with data generating teams (labs) and scientific project teams actively to understand their needs in lab management, data generation and data analysis, and provide solutions.
• Implement a sustainable strategy in data management systems development.
• Bridge the lab management requirements and the analysis needs to close the communication gaps between LIMS team and data users.
• Setup close connection between Biotech Division and New LIMS strategy to enable data accessibility for Biotech Division pipelines and users.
• Work with internal collaborators to strategically identify and meet data accesses challenges via data integration solutions
• Develop and apply novel methods for data accesses and analytical approaches
• Collaborate with laboratory scientists and business teams to identify challenges, develop and implement data management tools and data integration tools for analysis needs.
• Drive data analytics best practices, including adoption of cloud computing, development of reusable libraries and APIs, version control, automated testing, thorough documentation, and reproducible research.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science or related domain with 3+ years of data management or data analysis experience.
• Concrete understanding of database and software development practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in communicating data solutions to data science problems and conclusions from analysis of complex data.
• Intermediate experience level defining and implementing data management solutions, including facility with a programming language suitable for scientific work or data science, such as R or Python.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new methods and technologies as necessary to meet objectives.
• Experience implementing APIs for a relatively complex system.
• Facility with Git or another version control system.
• A highly collaborative approach, with the drive and ability to actively create new connections across the Monsanto Technology organization and outside the company.
• Ph.D. in a data-intensive discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Familiarity with LabWare application and development.
• Familiarity with Tibco’s Spotfire application and/or R’s Shiny package.
• Demonstrated experience driving and transforming data analysis and/or computational culture.
• Strong statistics and/or machine learning skills.
• Experience creating web services using R or Python.
• Scientific programming skills in a high performance language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Scala, Clojure, Go).
• Experience using high performance computing environments such as SGE, LSF, or AWS.
• Experience with scientific data visualization.
• Ability to rapidly evaluate the utility of new computational technologies.
Organization: US Biotech-Trait Design and Science51013268_
Title: Data Integration Scientist
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 01I9V
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement