HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medicare Billing Specialist INS Follow-up in St Louis, Missouri
- Work edits in the billing system to ensure clean submission of claims to the payer within a timely fashion.
- Evaluate the claim to ensure accuracy.
- Work with the billing team to learn/educate each other on how to bill each payer.
- Work front end rejected claims from payers for resubmission making any corrections appropriate.
- Enter electronic remittance codes for secondary billing.
- Escalate issues to Team Lead or Manager as necessary.
- Must have Medicare Billing experience and Knowledge.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge:Knowledge: Medical, Medicare and insurance terminology (such as procedure codes, diagnoses, and patient liability), and full understanding of hospital/physician billing. Applicants should understand and know how to correct edits resulting from correct coding initiative (CCI) edits, Local and National coverage determination (LCD & NCD) edits and Medicare reason and remark code edits.
Education:High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience:Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Billing/Follow-up for a facility, Medicare Billing medical clinic, or doctor’s office and experience with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment (copier, fax machine) a must. Type 60 wpm and 12,000 kpm on 10-key adding machine.
Skills/Aptitudes:Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan, organize and exercise sound judgment. Understanding of CPT/HCPCS, ICD9, ICD-10 coding, Revenue Codes, Modifiers, etc.
/Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required./
Title: Medicare Billing Specialist INS Follow-up
Location: Missouri-St Louis-St Louis Shared Svcs (SLC SS) - RCPS
Requisition ID: 26585-124251