Comcast Director, Business Operations in St. Paul, Minnesota
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing the activities for the Business Operations (Finance) department. Ensures that financial and customer service standards are achieved. Oversees the financial management of the region's capital budget, supply chain organization, fleet, field collections activity, and other finance support functions. Provides leadership and direction for a team which includes multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). Responsible for leading and coordinating budget and financial processes.
- Responsible for developing strategic priorities within the Finance field operations organization; capital, supply chain, field collection, and support functions
- Maintains operational financial focus and engages where necessary to drive operational efficiency across multiple business units
- Responsible for oversight, maintenance and management of internal control environment within the finance support organization
- Fosters collaborative relationships with other business units and is able to influence positive business outcomes
- Maintenance, care and development of an employee culture focused on customer service and inclusion
- Partners with other finance department teams to support financial P&L results
- Focuses energy and time in business critical initiatives in support of the region
- Will be responsible for oversight or project management for business initiatives
- Evaluates actual results against expected performance and communicates areas for improvement.
- Establishes evaluates and implements performance metrics for functions supervised. Measures and analyzes actual performance and makes recommendations for improving profitability where needed.
- Reviews and analyzes forecasts and recommends changes when appropriate. Updates forecasts for both current performance and new development to provide management with a current perspective of the business.
- Directs training and education to Managers on metrics and tools to improve financial performance.
- Collaborates with cross functional groups to propose and manage creative solutions for improving coordination collaboration and communication. Forecasts maintains and secures appropriate company assets.
- Coordinates and drives cross functional initiatives proactively identifying dependencies and driving issues to resolution. Oversees expense budgets for unit.
- Collaborates with other operational departments such as tech ops construction business services to ensure resources are available to support their daily needs and special projects.
- Hires trains evaluates coaches and counsels staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Knowledge/Experience with financial tools; Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Products, SQL and other reporting tools
- Specific experience related to Capital management in a telecommunications setting
- Familiarity with GAAP and internal control environments
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer