HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist II in St Petersburg, Florida
Medical Technologist - St. Petersburg General Hospital
Are you looking for advance your career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at St. Petersburg General Hospital. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist for a full-time evening position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add a Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results. * Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. * Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods. * Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests. * Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. St. Petersburg General Hospital
St. Pete General, located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida, is only minutes from pristine gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Pete. St. Petersburg General Hospital is a 215-bed facility dedicated to serving the residents of Pinellas County and beyond for over 4 decades. Ranked as a Top Place to Work in Tampa Bay for four consecutive years, we are proud to attract outstanding talent from all walks of life and make sure to treat our staff accordingly. Here, we’re all each other’s resource in maintaining the very highest standards of care. We invite you to join us and realize your own career growth in a vibrant community of healthcare professionals.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
- This position is full-time (40 hours per week) with rotating weekends.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- BLOOD BANK experience is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping.
Title: Medical Technologist II
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg
Requisition ID: 01387-4701