HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Transporter PRN in St Petersburg, Florida
The Transporter is responsible for greeting and transporting patients to and from all major ancillary departments using proper safety techniques and mode of transportation. On occasion, assists other hospital personnel in moving deceased patients to the morgue. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas as requested.
Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
Greet and offer assistance to customers throughout the hospital.
Collect and deliver specimens, orders, requisitions and equipment to appropriate destinations.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- enrolled in healthcare courses preferred
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association is required.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Transporter PRN
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Northside Hospital %26 Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Requisition ID: 01385-8454