AECOM System Administrator II in Sumter, South Carolina
Business Line Government
Position Title System Administrator II
United States of America - South Carolina
* This position is contingent upon contract modification and formal notice to proceed with an anticipated start date of December 1, 2017 *
Under general supervision by a senior Systems Administrator or other unit manager, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer networks and associated assemblies and provides help desk technical assistance and training to system users.
• Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems, and long-haul communications.
• Participates in the design, installation and administration of local networks using multiple protocols and various computer systems.
• Writes problem reports, assists with root cause analysis and recommendations for configuration and process changes.
• Installs, upgrades and administers operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, including Windows NT.
• Provides users with network technical support by responding to IT helpdesk issues.
• Maintain cross platform inter-connectivity for network services, authentication services, E-mail services and Web services.
• Perform other duties and tasks as directed.
Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI government security clearance. High School diploma augmented by ongoing technical training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit’s hardware/software tools and 2 or more years experience in the field. Experience is to include 1 year in a DoD operational C4ISR program. Must possess Comp TIA Security+ Certification. Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II. Possess demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of networks, both hardware and software. This must include network topology, standards, and protocols. Possess a good understanding of network software (Exchange, WorkFlow, etc.) as well as the Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Possess knowledge and hands-on experience administering Windows 7 clients and Windows 10 Client workstations as well Windows 2008/2012 Server administration. Must possess a current state issued driver’s license.
Local candidates preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 167399BR